Where to go for debt advice

Jubilee Debt Campaign is focused on campaigning and advocacy on debt issues. We do not provide advice on personal debt problems. If you are facing personal debt problems, we recommend getting in touch with one of the following free national services, who will be able to help.

Citizen’s Advice have online debt advice, or you can speak with an advisor at your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau. Find their contact information via their website: www.citizensadvice.org.uk

StepChange can help you to make a personal debt repayment/management plan on the phone. Call: 0800 138 1111 or visit: www.stepchange.org

National Debtline can talk through your problems and help you move forward. Call: 0808 808 4000 or visit: www.nationaldebtline.org

Debt Camel doesn’t provide individual advice, but it has free template letters to ask for a refund if you were given unaffordable payday loans when you had to keep borrowing more to repay them: www.debtcamel.co.uk/pay-day-loans

Advice NI is part of the independent advice network and provides debt advice in Northern Ireland: https://www.adviceni.net/ 

Share This